Reporting to the Manager of the Litigation Technology Advisory Services department, the successful candidate will be responsible for handling requests from legal teams, managing vendors, promoting the effective use of litigation support applications by providing support and technical assistance with designing, developing and maintaining databases in Concordance, Relativity and other imaging and data base retrieval systems.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience managing and maintaining Concordance, Relativity, Summation, Relativity or similar enterprise level database system, preferably in a law firm environment.
• Experience with Relativity, Concordance, LAW5.0, IPRO and Clearwell is highly preferred(knowledge of LiveNote also useful).
• Solid understanding of all Microsoft Office applications (especially Microsoft Excel and
Access), basic networking, Windows 2000/XP, MS-DOS and flat files (CSV).
• Proficiency with data management services (loading images to the network, burning CDs/DVDs, loading data into database applications, conducting database inquiries and developing reports for legal teams).
• Two year degree in computer/technical field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
• Undergraduate degree in computer science or related fields of study preferred.
• Knowledge of the processes underlying litigation cases (electronic discovery, document productions, large scale printing, document repositories and depositions).
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non- technical personnel in a clear manner.
• Service-oriented, willing to work additional hours as necessary including weekends.
• Able to manage multiple projects and work under stressful conditions and time deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team environment, follow detailed instructions and meet established deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
• Create, develop and support document databases, image bases, indexes, transcripts, and document productions in Relativity, Concordance,LAW, IPRO and Clearwell.
• Coordinate scanning, unitization and objective coding of documents with vendor.
• Perform OCR and EDD processing and prepare for loading into database.
• Conduct quality control evaluations of each processing step from document collection to production.
• Work closely with lawyers and paralegals regarding database setup to meet needs of trial team.
• Serve as the point person to resolve software/hardware issues relating to the supported litigation support tools.
• Provide one-on-one and small group training for trial teams in the use of litigation support tools.
• Assist with the resolution of software/hardware issues relating to litigation support applications.
Brooklyn, NY 11211