Last Updated: February 21, 2022
TRU Staffing Partners, LLC (collectively, "TRU", "we," "us," or "our") respect your privacy and we are committed to the security of your personal data when you visit our website and use our applications.
Protecting the personal rights and privacy of everyone is at the core of the foundation of trust in our business relationships and of TRU Staffing Partners' reputation. We recognize the need for appropriate safeguards and management practices in relation to the collection and use of your personal data.
We may collect personal information about you as our visitors to and users of our website and other owned domains, as our prospective clients, and as our prospective employees (collectively, "User(s)", "you" or "your") on this website, on any other TRU-owned domain, through your interactions and communications with our TRU team in any form, our social media pages that we control, and HTML-formatted marketing communications and email messages that we may send. We use the term "Personal Information" to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. This privacy notice also covers other means by which we collect information. For example, it also covers how we collect information from in-person discussions, telephone conversations and conference calls, and through non-electronic communications. Common examples of Personal Information include full name, email address, information about your device, and certain metadata.
This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. We may amend this privacy notice from time to time so please visit this page occasionally to ensure that you understand any amendments.
Unless specified otherwise in this privacy notice, TRU is the controller of your Personal data which means that TRU decides why and how your personal data is Processed. Unless otherwise stated the TRU entity you are engaging with will be the controller of your data. TRU Staffing Partners is the controller and responsible for this website.
Full name of legal entity: TRU Staffing Partners, LLC
244 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10001
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: +1 917-796-4687
Personal Information We Collect
TRU collects information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual ("Personal Information") to provide services to you, our clients and candidates, and to operate our business. The type of Personal Information we collect about you depends on the situation. We collect, store, and process your personal data by different methods depending on whether you are a candidate, client, supplier or vendor, or website user.
Candidates & Prospective Candidates
You may be a past candidate, a candidate in process, or you may have participated in our recruitment, or other similar events.
How we collect your data:
- You may provide Personal data to us by email, post, telephone, during meetings (whether face-to-face or through video conferences*) or at our events, through our website, or through other onboarding and/or due diligence questionnaires that we send you; or
- We may collect your data indirectly or from third parties: through referrals, networking activities, public databases, joint marketing partners, licensed databases, and social media platforms (such as LinkedIn), research companies, or client or supplier conversations.
What data we collect:
- The personal data we collect about candidates includes: first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender, nationality, employment and education history, skills proficiency, references, or qualifications information contained in your resume/CV, or written records of our conversations or meetings.
Clients and Prospective Clients
When you are inquiring about or using our services, we collect and use information to understand your requirements, agree to role specifications, propose candidates, discuss our contract, provide training or consultancy services or to share TRU content which is likely to be relevant and useful to you.
How we collect your data:
- You may provide personal data to us by email, mail, telephone, during meetings (whether face to face, over the phone, or through video conferences) or through our website; or
- We may collect it from your colleagues, social media, our network of contacts, others who may know you, event delegate lists, or third-party market research.
What data we collect:
- Data we collect includes the personal data of individual contacts who we deal with at your organization such as: name, job title, management level, business relationships, memberships, work history, work address, telephone numbers, and email address or written records of our conversations or meetings.
Suppliers & Vendors
When supplying services to us or contracting with us we need certain information so that we can receive and pay for the services you provide.
How we collect your data:
- You may provide personal data to us by email, mail, telephone, face to face, video call, or via our website; or • We may collect it from candidates, social media, from our network contacts / others who may know you, event delegate lists, or third-party market research.
What data we collect:
- This includes the personal data of individual contacts we engage with at your organization such as: name, job title, work address, telephone numbers, email address or written records of our conversations or meetings.
When you are using our website, which may include when you download content or contact us via our website.
How we collect your data:
- You may provide personal data by completing online registration forms, subscribing to our newsletters, by applying for roles via our website, or when you create or update any of your marketing preferences; or
What data we collect:
- We collect the information you provide, which may include your name and contact details, email address and telephone number, and/or the resume/CV you submit to us online.
- In addition, we collect a limited amount of data which we use to help us to improve your experience when using our website and to help us manage the services we provide. This includes information on how you use our website, how you navigated to our web site, the device you view our website on, and the location you view our website from (IP address).
- We may collect your name, contact details, and your preferred means of communication. We may also collect your responses to survey and assessment questions.
- In the course of our recruitment services, we may collect the following types of information about you as a potential candidate: name, address, telephone number, email address, resume information (employment history, education, professional credentials, memberships in professional organizations, skills, certifications, etc.), citizenship, information from former employers and other references, and additional information to the extent we have acquired or you have provided us with such information. We also use photos of you that you provide to us or that you make publicly available on the Internet (e.g., LinkedIn). As permitted by applicable laws, we may also obtain background verification information.
- Where permitted by law, we may collect compensation and benefits information about you to consult with you or our clients on rewards and benefits.
TRU's website may contain links to third-party websites not controlled by TRU and therefore not covered by this privacy notice. Any information that you submit, post, or otherwise reveal on these third- party sites is governed by the privacy notice of those sites. We recommend that you review the terms and conditions of use and privacy policies in place on such third-party websites.
Do not provide us with any personal information if you do not agree with this privacy notice.
Your Sharing of Third-Party Personal Information
If you submit any Personal Information about other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
Any Personal Information that you provide through those pages to the third party will be subject to the third party's privacy notice, rather than this Policy. TRU does not control, and is not responsible for, the third party's use of information collected through those pages. Please note that this Policy does not address the collection and use of information through the third party's page or the privacy or information practices of the third party.
How We Use Your Personal Data
TRU uses the personal information it collects in several ways. We collect, process, or disclose your personal data for our legitimate business purposes including:
- To provide our services to clients, candidates, or web users or to fulfill our contractual obligations
- To maintain our business relationships
- To match candidate details with client requirements for roles and to send candidates' personal data which may include special category data to clients to fill those roles
- To notify candidates of roles which we feel would be of interest to them
- To provide candidates with HR related support and services
- To market events, promotions, competitions, webinars, reports, our services, news or relevant industry updates. Depending on which jurisdiction you are in, we may be required to give you an option to "opt-in" and we will always provide you with an option to "opt-out" with each marketing communication
- As required by law or regulation
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention
- To develop new products, services, and offerings, or to enhance, improve or modify our products and services
- To record your usage of our website in accordance with our cookie notice
- To respond to your inquiries, to verify your information, or to share information with you
- To send you important administrative information
- For other business purposes, including:
- Internal communication regarding candidates and clients
- Determining the effectiveness of our promotional activities
- Administering our services
- Managing our contractual relationships
- Data analysis for thought leadership materials (any published product will refer only to larger aggregations of individuals and will not identify you personally or include any results attributable to you. We will obtain your consent if we wish to identify you in thought leadership materials).
- Research, publication, development, benchmarking, validation, trend analysis, to develop and market new services
In the course of our recruitment services, we may use personal information that we have collected to create a profile about you. This profile may be used to identify professional opportunities that we think may be of interest to you. We may use your Personal Information to send you information or marketing materials.
TRU sends informational emails, articles, white papers, proposals, engagement letters, and information regarding our services. We may also use your personal information to conduct surveys.
- We do so either with your consent or because we have a legitimate beneficial business interest.
- Occasionally, we may desire to use your personal information in press releases and marketing materials. Before we use your personal information in that way, we will obtain consent from you.
Third-Party Data Access:
We will not sell or rent to anyone the Personal Data provided to us or obtained by us.
In certain circumstances we will share your personal data with other parties. When we do, we take responsibility and bear liability for such sharing in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
We also share your personal data with the following third parties:
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services, including HubSpot, InsightSquared, and Bullhorn
- Website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users
- Professional advisers acting as processors or delivering marketing and advertising services
- Clients who have roles in which you are interested
- Trusted third parties or strategic partners who provide employment related services for us, including reference, qualification, and criminal background checking (where required), evaluation or skills tests
Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. If a change in control happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with applicable laws. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where we collect your personal data, the length of time for which we retain it depends on the type of data, the purpose for which we use that data and our accounting, regulatory, and legal data retention obligations. We do not retain personal data in an identifiable format for longer than:
- The period necessary for the relevant activity or services;
- Any retention period that is required by law or contract; or
- The period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the relevant activity or services
after which, it is likely your Personal Data will no longer be relevant for the purposes for which it was collected and we will delete or destroy it.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research, marketing or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your provision of personal information to us is voluntary, although if you do not provide certain personal information you may not be able to participate in our services.
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to:
- ask questions about how we handle your personal information,
- withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information,
- object to our use of your personal information for our legitimate business interests, or
- request an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law),
- request to review, correct, update, suppress or restrict the use of your personal information,
- review, correct, update, suppress or restrict the use of your personal information, please include all relevant information, including email addresses as well as the names of any TRU or TRU-related sites, products, or services you may have accessed in your communication to email@example.com.
Although we strive to maintain accurate personal information, if it is determined the personal information is not accurate, we will work quickly to correct it.
How to request that your personal information be removed from TRU's databases:
- To remove your personal information from TRU's database, please include all relevant User IDs and e-mail addresses as well as the names of any TRU or TRU-related sites or services you may have accessed in your communication to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TRU will make reasonable attempts to delete personal information upon your request.
- Please note that to maintain consistency in our services and operations, we retain backup systems. When you ask that your information be removed from TRU's databases, we may not be able to delete residual copies from our systems or from our backup systems, but they will continue to be protected as required under this policy.
If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, please contact us at email@example.com to have your contact information removed from our marketing databases, or unsubscribe at any time from any HTML formatted marketing email you receive.
- If you request to have your information removed from our marketing databases through an email request, please include "Remove User" in the subject line of the email, and include your full name, email address, and telephone number in the body of the email message.
- You can also forward a copy of the email or marketing communications from which you want to opt out.
- We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. We may decline to process requests that in our reasonable opinion may jeopardize the privacy of others or put our intellectual property at risk.
- For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practical and may need to contact you to be sure that we understand your request.
- We also may need to retain certain personal information about you such as your email address to honor opt-out or similar requests. Please keep in mind that this residual personal information will remain within TRU databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain identifiable personal information about you. The residual personal information will not be used for commercial purposes. However, TRU reserves the right, from time to time, to recontact former users of its Services as appropriate.
By using this website, you acknowledge and consent to the privacy practices described in this privacy notice, including the collection and use of your personal information as described herein. TRU may change this privacy notice from time to time due to changes in relevant law or TRU's business practices. If we decide to make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the changes on this website, and your continued usage after such changes are posted constitutes acceptance of each revised privacy notice.