The TRU Staffing Partners Hot Jobs newsletter provides readers with a weekly tip for our professionals and hiring managers in the data privacy, ediscovery, and cybersecurity spaces. With more than 12 years of experience in staffing and recruiting for our niche industries, our TRU Tips are relevant and crucial for anyone hiring or job hunting in our communities.
July 6th, 2022
One thing has not changed due to recession fears: The timeline to hire. Mid-market "A" players go on and off the market within 12 days.
Top 3 Average Time to Hire:
- Mid-market, non-contract: 8-12 days
- Contract: 48-72 hours
- Executive: 3-6 weeks
July 13th, 2022
Although economists are adamant, there are signs in the job market that we might not be heading for a recession after all.
Top 3 Reasons we might not be heading to a recession:
- The jobs report for June was through the roof, adding over 100K more jobs than expected.
- The average wage increase was 5.1 percent. That’s closes a large gap between “inflation” & “not inflation”.
- In the month of June, TRU had the year’s highest number of net-new job openings so far.
July 20th, 2022
If you go to your stakeholders with options, they are likely to pick one. If you go asking for permission, you make it easy for them to say no.
Top 3 keys to successfully pitch & get budget for headcount:
- Offer contract, contract to hire, or full time hire as options to solve staffing problems.
- Make the case for revenue generation through billable hours, or significant cost reduction through efficiency.
- Know your stakeholders: Don’t shoot for the moon if they’re aiming for the mountain.
July 27th, 2022
When you work in data privacy, ediscovery, or cybersecurity, your new employer needs to know you can handle highly personal, sensitive, and confidential information.
Top 3 keys to prepare for a background check:
- Clean up social media profiles and check privacy settings.
- Keep good records of your academic history and past employment.
- Get copies of your records and if you see inaccurate information, report it immediately; credit reports, driving records, and criminal records.