The TRU Staffing Partners Hot Jobs newsletter provides readers with a weekly tip for our professionals and hiring managers in the data privacy, ediscovery, and cybersecurity spaces. With more than 12 years of experience in staffing and recruiting for our industries, our TRU Tips are relevant and crucial for anyone hiring or job hunting in our communities.
September 7th, 2022
Most data privacy job seekers in 2021 had a minimum of two, but an average of three job offers, at the point of hire.
Top 3 things data privacy job seekers should look for in their next company:
- Impact opportunity: What will you be doing in the first 120 days, and how can you make an impact?
- Specificity: Look for specificity in job descriptions and expectations.
- Program maturity: Organizations should be straightforward about where they are in their maturity model.
September 14th, 2022
Speed of hire (from resume sent to offer extended) has extended from 12 days to 25 days since the end of Q2 2022.
Top 3 reasons speed of hire has extended:
- Summer vacations (the first in a few years) have prolonged the interview process.
- More companies are holding out for new hires willing to come into an office part time.
- Hiring managers are being pickier about hiring as headcount becomes more precious in a possible economic downturn.
September 21st, 2022
If you are looking to change jobs, decide what you want to get out of a new opportunity before you begin your search process.
Top 3 questions to ask yourself before starting a job search:
- Are you driven by increased compensation, or willing to compromise dollars for things like flexibility to work remote?
- Have you considered contract and contract-to-hire opportunities that may be more lucrative and assist in career transitioning, or are you only willing to consider full-time roles?
- What compromises are you willing to make for employers who want you in an office two to five days per week?
September 28th, 2022
The No. 1 reason employers in ESI and privacy lose talent to competing offers is not compensation, but rather in-office mandates.
Top 3 reasons ESI and privacy employers lose to competing offers:
- Requiring employees to live near and commute to an office.
- Too slow of an interview process.
- Quality of life is better at one employer than the other.