TRU Staffing Partners Scholarship Program
Established to help aspiring students and professionals pursuing further education in data privacy, ediscovery, and cybersecurity — the TRU Scholarship Program empowers the next generation of industry leaders.
TRU partners with industry-leading organizations and the greater privacy, ediscovery, and cybersecurity communities to award scholarships to deserving individuals looking to level up their skills and careers.
Since 2011, the TRU Staffing Partners Scholarship Program has awarded more than 300 scholarships totaling more than $300,000 worth of education to professionals across the privacy, ediscovery, and cybersecurity industries.
Total value of education awarded
The 2023 application period is now open until March 19th at 11:59 p.m. ET. Apply now!
About TRU Scholarships
The TRU Scholarship program was established in 2011 to foster training and education in privacy, ediscovery, and cybersecurity. Finalists are anonymously determined by a rotating Advisory Board of thought leaders and industry hiring managers.
TRU's 2023 portfolio of partners and their certification, training, and education will delve into diverse areas of discipline including mobile forensic collection, advanced data analytics, legal project management, processing and hosting of litigation data, cyber incident response and remediation, privacy law and program building, technical ediscovery attorney review expertise, and more.
Below, you’ll find information on our partners and the scholarships they are providing.
How to Apply
Before you begin your application, we recommend you gather:
- A recent version of your resume
- A professional reference
- The answer to one essay question, answering the following:
- How receiving a scholarship will help your career
- Your motivation for entering or delving deeper into the privacy, ediscovery, or cybersecurity industries
- A ranked list of which scholarships you'd prefer if you win
The 2023 application period is now open until March 26th at 11:59 p.m. ET. Apply now!
Association of eDiscovery Professionals (ACEDS)
ACEDS, the Association of Certified Ediscovery Specialists, a BARBRI professional association, is the member organization for professionals in the private and public sectors who work in the field of ediscovery. ACEDS is building a community of ediscovery specialists for the exchange of ideas, guidance, training and best practices, and offers ediscovery certification. ACEDS has established the field's first certification exam, a 145-question multiple choice exam that covers 15 ediscovery fields. This year's Scholarship Program includes:
- One U.S. Certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS/US) standard package scholarship for a U.S.-based resident, including live training, study manual, membership to ACEDS, and certification exam with one free retake. Requires some hands-on field experience in any role, including Sales, project managers, litigation support, attorneys, paralegals, forensics, or information governance. Live training is delivered online and the exam is available year round at over 1100 ACEDS-Kryterion Testing Centers worldwide.
- One Canada Certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS/Canada) standard package scholarship for a Canadian-based resident, including live training, study manual, membership to ACEDS, and certification exam with one free retake. Requires some hands-on field experience in any role, including Sales, project managers, litigation support, attorneys, paralegals, forensics, or information governance. Live training is delivered online and the exam is available year round at dozens of ACEDS-Kryterion Testing Centers across Canada.
- Two ACEDS full eDEx, eDiscovery Executive Certificate Programs, a 12+ hour interactive online training course. The perfect candidate for the eDEx certificate is someone who has zero or a little e-discovery experience and would like to have foundational e-discovery training to better understand the e-discovery process and importance. Candidates would be attorneys, paralegals, IT, security, or Sales people who are new to e-discovery or candidates working in information governance or privacy.
Please visit the ACEDS FAQ for more information about these certifications, including eligibility requirements.
(IAPP) International Association of Privacy Professionals
(CDS) Complete Discovery Source
Become a TRU Scholarship Partner
If you are an educational institution, certifying body, or organization looking to provide training and education in privacy, ediscovery, or cybersecurity as part of your corporate social responsibility program, we'd love to help.