The TRU Staffing Partners Hot Jobs newsletter provides readers with a weekly tip for our professionals and hiring managers in the data privacy, ediscovery, and cybersecurity spaces. With over 12 years of experience in staffing and recruiting for our niche industries, our TRU Tips are relevant and crucial for anyone hiring or job hunting in our communities.
February 2nd, 2022
Even though it's a candidate's market, projecting a sense of entitlement is the fastest way to make an employer second guess their hiring decision.
Top 3 Reasons You Should Always Send Your Agent the Offer Letter
Agents read contracts every day. An agent can walk job seekers through any items they might not understand or have questions about.
Corporations are human and make mistakes. Having a third-party review an offer letter for accuracy is always a good policy.
An agency will ensure what is negotiated verbally is articulated in writing consistently for both parties
February 9th, 2022
About 74% of internet users in the US are more concerned with their online privacy than they’ve ever been.
Top 3 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data in 2022
- Change passwords to any accounts affected by a data breach
- Update your devices regularly for any improvements to security vulnerabilities
- Don't do your shopping or check your bank account on free Wi-Fi
February 16th, 2022
With inflation at 7.5%, and candidates changing jobs expecting at least a 10-15% raise, it should be no surprise to hiring managers that candidates expect a 20-30% raise to move jobs.
Top 3 Motivators for Candidates in the Current Market (Besides $$)
- Work-from-home or hybrid flexibility
- Role empowerment and self-efficacy
- Alignment with their company on COVID-19 protocols
February 23rd, 2022
Over the last twelve years approximately 95% of all non-compete disputes, of which there are very few, ended in favor of the employee—not the employer.
Top 3 Reasons Past Employers Try to Enforce a Non-Compete
- To force lawyer’s fees on ex-employees and make competing costly
- To put new employers, ex-employees, and current customers on notice as to contractual obligations of all parties
- To draw more attention to the non-solicit and create incentives or consequences for taking customers within the terms of the non-compete