The TRU Staffing Partners Hot Jobs newsletter provides readers with a weekly tip for our professionals and hiring managers in the data privacy, ediscovery, and cybersecurity spaces. With more than 12 years of experience in staffing and recruiting for our niche industries, our TRU Tips are relevant and crucial for anyone hiring or job hunting in our communities.
March 2nd, 2022
Loyalty is earned over time, but expertise can be purchased at a premium.
Top 3 takeaways from the Dept. of Labor's February 2022 jobless claims report
- Jobless claims for the week ending Feb. 19 totaled 232K, slightly less than expected.
- Continuing claims hit their lowest level in nearly 52 years.
- GDP increased at a 7% annualized pace in the fourth quarter, closing out a year with the strongest growth since 1984.
March 9th, 2022
Salaries are increasing in ESI and the average candidate entertains 2-3 job offers.
Top 3 ways inflation affects the job market
- Job-seekers are aware of inflationary stats and are building it into their expectation of salary when changing jobs.
- Because most employers are looking to replace experienced talent when an individual leaves, the cost of replacing them is almost always more than the cost they are currently paying.
- The increase in salaries (22% in legal tech in 2022) will soon lead to corporations passing the cost of talent acquisition and retention onto customers.
March 16th, 2022
50% of all new ediscovery job openings have technical requirements.
Top 3 Trends of hiring within the three primary ESI verticals:
- Software companies' open headcount is due to growth.
- Vendor and consulting firms' headcount is largely backfilling.
- Law firm litigation support headcount is largely backfilling.
March 23rd, 2022
Companies in legal tech are raising salaries of non-commissioned employees in order to create compensation equity among like-leveled staff for both retention and morale reasons.
Top 3 Takeaways from LegalWeek 2022:
- Law firms and corporations are looking for vendors to be better experts to their experts — not just order takers.
- The conference used to be nicknamed "the industry's biggest job fair," but this is no longer the case. The event had significantly less attendance and foot traffic from industry talent with fewer than 7-10 years of experience.
- Software companies have the largest amount of open headcount, then vendors, then law firms, with rare opportunity in-house unless you are privacy/security focused.
March 30th, 2022
The demand for Brainspace skills is rapidly increasing as more people begin to license Reveal technology.
Top 3 reasons employers try to enforce a non-compete
- To force lawyers' fees on ex employees and make competing costly and near-impossible
- To put new employers, ex employees, and potentially current customers on notice as to contractual obligations of all parties.
- To draw more attention to the non solicit, and create additional incentives or punitive consequences for taking existing customers within the terms of the non-compete.